Department of Commerce started functioning from the inception of the college. The department imparts quality commerce education at UG and PG levels. The department presently offers MCom, BCom, BBA, and BCA courses. The certificate courses offered by college could be pursued simultaneously with UG and PG courses. In order to compliment the conventional education department has initiated value inputs by teaming up with Microsoft and Tally. College is having to its credit Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) accredited CA-CPT course.
The Management Science stream is started from the year 2011 under this department. It offers BBA and BCA courses with different subjects to help students acquire the required skill in the management and Information Technology. The BBA course aims to provide managerial knowledge and abilities that helps students acquire proficiency in the art of business. The department prepares students for CET examination required for taking admission in MBA course. The BCA course prepares students in computer applications.
To provide commerce and management education of contemporary relevance, the department make use of ICT enabled teaching-learning tools and resources to make educational experience of students interesting. PPT, video presentations, inputs from professionals, exposure visits, workshops, seminars, etc. are routine features of the department.
The faculty members are having to their credit good number of research publications in the form of books, articles, monographs, etc. The department takes efforts to provide sound academic background for its students but apart from this also train them in life skills and provide experience that will equip them in their pursuit for higher careers and employability. It is a matter of proud privilege for us to have illustrious alumni who have made their mark in society.
- • Major Research Projects - Completed (03), Ongoing (01)
- • Minor Research Projects - Completed (02), Ongoing (03)
- • Students awarded PhD degree (01) pursuing PhD degree (21)
- • Industrial Visits
- • Guest Lectures
- • Workshops on Research Methodology, Entrepreneurship
- • Poster, PPT Competitions
- • Essay Writing Competitions
- • Remedial Coaching facility
- • Commerce department is having 26 computers with optic fiber connectivity of 10 MBPS
- • Question bank of almost 5000 questions
- • PPT’s of almost 1098.718 mb
- • Rich collection of titles on commerce, management and computers in the library.